- About Himax
- Corporate Governance
- Environmental and Safety Policy
- Social Responsibility
- Quality Policy
- Press Releases
Environmental & Safety Policy
Himax Technologies, Inc. (“Himax”) and its subsidiaries follow closely the global environmental trends, including energy saving and waste reduction, in its daily operations. The Company is certified in accordance with ISO14001, OHSAS18001 and ISO14064.
Himax is a leader in its sector when it comes to the environment and safety, operating under measures much stringent than domestic regulations. The Company aims to grow sustainably, delivering economic, social and environmental benefits with its healthy employees.
Himax and its subsidiaries have been tirelessly reducing impacts to the environment and improving safety in its operations, specifically targeting product design and waste handling. The Company’s environmental and safety policies include:
- Continuous effort in pollution prevention, legal compliance, and environmental risk management to ensure the delivery of green products
- Dedicated to the development of sustainable design of products
- To reinforce the idea of environmental protection through trainings and education
- Continuous improvement on environmental and safety performances through PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Action) in order to achieve the goal of zero injury in the working environment
- Commitment to the development of green products in accordance with global trend and corporate strategies
- Certified in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 in 2006 and 2007 respectively