Environmental & Safety Policy
Himax Technologies, Inc. (“Himax”) and its subsidiaries follow closely the global environmental trends, including energy saving and waste reduction, in its daily operations. The Company is certified in accordance with ISO14001, ISO45001 and ISO14064.
Himax is a leader in its sector when it comes to the environment and safety, operating under measures much stringent than domestic regulations. The Company aims to grow sustainably, delivering economic, social and environmental benefits with its healthy employees.
Himax and its subsidiaries have been tirelessly reducing impacts to the environment and improving safety in its operations, specifically targeting product design and waste handling. The Company’s environmental and safety policies include:
- Prevention of pollution, continual improvement, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, green products and control of hazards
- Committed to energy-saving and waste-reducing design of all products to prevent pollution from being released from use of these products
- Do its utmost to implement resource-recoverable activities, training and education to raise awareness in environmental safety and health that helps promote conservation and protection of energy and resources
- Adopt the PDCA approach to continually improve Himax Affiliate’s environmental safety & health performance and to achieve the objective of zero occupational hazards
- Comply with legal and other requirements related to environmental aspects and occupational safety and health management, to which Himax Affiliate’s subscribes
- Devoted to R&D of green products to be consistent with the international trend in environmental protection
- Eliminate hazards and reduce occupational safety and health risks to provide safe and hygienic working conditions and meet the needs and expectations of stakeholders
- Establish communication channels for the workers participation and consultation, and provides comprehensive care of the safety and health for the workers and contractors